Unknown Facts About Rohit Sharma: He is one of the most talented cricketers introduced by India in cricket history. If we list out the great batsmen in the history of cricket, I think Rohit Sharma must be part of that list.
He is also one of the best batsmen in the Indian batting lineup. He looks very calm and sensible while batting. His full name is Rohit Gurunath Sharma; people also love to call him by his nickname, Hitman, Ro Hit.
1) Rohit comes from a very poor family. His father worked with a transport company and his mother was a housewife.
2) When Rohit’s father Gurunath Sharma lost his job in a transport company, the responsibility of the family fell on Rohit’s shoulders at a very young age. He used to play for Indian Oil and Ranji matches at that time.
3) His uncle and other relatives pitched small amounts of money to send him to a cricket academy back in 1999.
4) His mother never wanted him to become a cricketer. She wanted him to study well. But, Rohit didn’t listen to anyone and followed his passion.
5) Rohit Sharma can fluently converse in four languages- English, Hindi, Marathi, and Telugu. His maternal place in Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
6) Rohit Sharma began his career as an Off –Spinner. His coach Dinesh Lad, the father of Mumbai teammate Sidhesh Lad, understood Rohit’s potential as a cricketer and made him a batsman.
7) Rohit Sharma was not financially stable. So, he was given a scholarship in his school just because of his cricketing ability.
8) Rohit Sharma once bunked school to meet his batting idol, Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag.
9) Despite being a vegetarian, Rohit Sharma is very fond of eggs but consumes them only outside his home; respecting their tradition. His friend once challenged him to eat 45 eggs and he effortlessly won the challenge.
10) Rohit Sharma was the first Indian to score a hundred in T20s when he scored one for Mumbai against Gujarat in the 2006-07 edition of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 competition. He scored 101* off 45 balls with 13 fours and five sixes.