Aadhaar Card for New Born Baby: Issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the Aadhaar card is a unique identity proof for the citizens of India. The Aadhar card contains demographic and 12-digit biometric details. However, no biometrics will be captured for children below 5 years. Hence, their UID will processed on the basis of demographic information and facial photograph linked with the UID of their parents. Notably, these children will need to update their biometrics of ten fingers, iris, and facial photographs when they turn 5 and 15.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Click on the Aadhar Card registration link.
- Enter all the credentials including the name of the child, parent’s phone number, e-mail address, and so on.
- After entering all the personal details, one should fill in all the demographic information such as a residential address, locality, district, state, and so on.
- Proceed further and click on the fixed appointment tab. Now schedule the date of registration for the Aadhar card.
- The applicant can choose the nearest enrollment center to proceed further with the enrollment process.
Note: Don’t forget to carry all the required documents and the reference number along with a printout of the form to the center with you on the date of the appointment. Take a reference number along with the documents.